The Halifax Flower Club was formed in 1957 by Mrs Joan Tidswell who became the first President and Mr George Smith. The first meeting was held in the ballroom at the White Swan Hotel in Halifax. There was no stage and the demonstrator had to stand on a stage made from beer crates. There were 100 members and a waiting list for membership.
In 1972 the Club moved to the Civic Hall in West Vale to bigger premises to accommodate up to 150 members.
1987 saw the Club on the move again to the Social Club on Arden Road in Halifax to a room that would hold 200 members and had a stage with lighting.
The Club celebrated its Diamond Anniversary in 2017 with a celebration at Berties Crystal Ballroom.
The Halifax Flower Club is proud to have George Smith MBE and Derek Bridges as Honorary Vice Presidents.